My First Meetup, PyDelhi









My first PyDelhi Meetup



Today, I attended my very first meetup PyDelhi. So I am going to share my experience about the meetup with you all.

Since it’s going to be my very first meetup, I was really excited for this to be happen. I woke up early to reach there on time and voila, like everything, we want nothing goes wrong with, and then there it is, boom. I got late, I don’t know how but on reaching the venue I found I was much early.

Now, here comes the experience. I reached there (at Innovaccer) and I really started to appreciate the word “Meetup”, I met two guys over there, Utkarsh and Varun, both were the alumini of “IIT-Delhi” and are working on their startup “Attentive-i”. Then, the event started at around 12 noon.

Event started with Introductions, where everyone introduces themselves and then few presentations with some discussion was there.



“Web-Crawlers Using Python” by Sahil.


He explained what a Web crawler is, its use and then he showed us a basic Webcrawler made by himself in Python live, in Action. Here is the github repository of the presentation and webcrawler itself.


“Numpy and Matplotlib” By Tanya.


She was the only girl present in the talk, and give the presentation on Numpy and Matplotlib. She depicted some of their uses and showed them live in action.


(We had a small product pitching by Mr. Ashish on Just Rokket.)



“Real-Time Push Notification” By Rahul Gaur

He introduced us about himself and push notifications. Then, he showed us his code for real time push notifications.


(We had a small break for tea and snacks. Which is good cause this was the when meetup started to make sense. Meet up new peoples.)


“Mercurial: Version Control System” By Pulkit.


He introduced us all with the concept of Version Control System. He also introduced us to the Mercurial, a Version Control System, Had a great discussion on Git vs Mercurial and why one should switch to Mercurial (being easy) from Git.


And That’s all! Official end of my first meetup at around 4pm.


That was about how the event started, took place and ended. Now, back to me, Did I meet new peoples? Yes, Sure I did. Well didn’t meet all those new people, but some 2-4 people. And I also met one of my DgPlug Summer Training 2017 Classmate: Championshuttler. Now, next time, I’m gonna meet all those new people and have some new friends.


All in all, That was a great experience.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Moving!

It's been a long time, since I published anything here, but that doesn't mean I stop writing, I kept writing everyday, just didn...